School History

 

OldSchoolCampus


Northern Lamma School was established on 12 December 1949. This was the only primary school on Lamma Island (North). In 1902, there was a private school called ‘The Chans’ Private School’ at Tai Wan Village. There was another private school at Tai Ping Village in 1913. This school registered at the Education Department on 25 March 1946 and reduced the school fee. In 1949, the villagers wanted to centralize the environment and facilities to benefit students’ studies. Therefore, they built a school at Yung Shue Ling (the present school area). The school was officially went established in December 1949. Due to the increasing numbers of students after the school was established in 1949, the school constructed a new building in 1963.